DIRECTORS MEETING OF NEW LISKEARD GOLF CLUB

Monday, November 7, 2011

Chamber of Commerce Board Room

Minutes

 

1)     DIRECTORS PRESENT:

Mike Loach, Ivan Dewar, Diane Aquino, Ray Brazeau, Pat Elliott, Brian Flaxey, Jeff Stanley,

 

2)     DIRECTORS ABSENT:

Ross Latter

 

3)     NON-DIRECTORS PRESENT:

Mike Bonnah

 

4)     CALL TO ORDER:

The meeting was called to order at 6:30 pm by President Mike Loach

 

5)       REPORT BY MIKE BONNAH:

Mike presented the draft calendar for 2012 as it currently appeared on the website.  There are a few changes over last year.  The half price Friday golf was removed as it did not seem to be used.  A number of socials were added every second Friday.  This would require someone to organize them.  A Men’s Scramble was added to the schedule every Sunday morning.  Anyone could come out and names would be drawn out of a “hat”.  Mike agreed to coordinate this.  There was also a “Bring a Junior for Free” on Sundays after June 1 as well as a Junior Golf Camp every Saturday in June.  Junior Mentoring would continue on Tuesday mornings at 9:30am in July  and August.  As well Junior Lessons would be held every Wednesday at 1pm for July and August.  The Ladies Morning would continue in 2012 but would be listed every Thursday.  Diane requested that the time be posted as 9:30am and the golf alternate between the back and the front nines.  The Club tournaments were put in at the same time as other years.  Other tournaments were penciled in and are subject to change depending on the host group. 

 

6)     ADOPTION OF THE October 3rd, 2011 MINUTES:

 

Motion to accept the Minutes as presented:

Moved by Brian Flaxey , seconded by Jeff Stanley                                                                              CARRIED  

 

7)     BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:

a)       Annual Meeting Minutes

These minutes were approved to be distributed on the website.

 

b)       General Managers Position

Bruce has agreed to accept the position of General Manager at the current salary.  This is a one year contract.  There were a few changes to the terms of the contract that are agreeable to both parties and will hopefully make things run a little smoother next year.

 

c)       New Fees Schedule

The new fee schedule was agreed to.  Diane pointed out that it was 8 buckets of balls and not four.

 

d)       Advertising Signage at each hole (Tabled)

                                                               i.      What to do about left over passes?

It was agreed that left over passes could be used only if the advertising was renewed and then only until June 15.  This would be left to Bruce of oversee.

 

                                                             ii.      New advertising for 2012

Ivan was going to approach the Holiday Inn regarding a “Stay and Play” option.  The price has yet to be determined but he was anticipating around $149.95 a night.

It was also suggested that we might look into advertising on the golf carts. 

 

8)     REPORT BY GENERAL MANAGER:

Bruce is away until into the new year.

9)     COMMITTEE REPORTS:

a)     Greens:

                     i.            Proposal to get in touch with Smitty Tournament and Frogs Breath re:  new equipment

This has not been attempted. 

                   ii.            Brian reported at the greens were already for the winter.  The back tee box on #16 has been torn up and leveled.  They are going to try and do one per year.  It was noted that the ladies tee boxes was not a priority.  The advanced tees were discussed and it was decided that they would be retained for 2012.

                  iii.            Ivan was looking at a new lawn mower.  He has found one at a cost of $7500 with only 1000 hrs on it.  Corey Phillips has agreed that this is a good deal and to buy out right instead of leasing.   Our current lawn mower is getting very old but would be sufficient as a backup.  Soon we will also need new greens machines. 

                  iv.            The stumps have not been removed for this year.

 

b)     Pro Shop:

                     i.      Pat reported on the successful rehiring of Bruce Helbig. 

                   ii.      Currently there is about $16,000 in inventory in the Shop all of which can be used next year.

                  iii.      He has also stated that having some experience, it is essential that the Pro Shop Committee and the Tournament Committee work more closely together.  Jeff agreed.

 

c)      Club House:

                           i.      Zantes proposal for air conditioner.  This was deferred.  Zantes has been signed for a 2-year lease. 

 

d)     Finances:

                           i.      No report

 

e)     Tournaments:

                           i.      Jeff’s Tracking schedule.  This was thought to be a good idea especially as it would be something to hand on to a new chairman.

                         ii.      Cost of sponsorship.  Need to get good sponsors and use prizes from the Pro Shop.

                        iii.      Changes to the Civic. .

                        iv.      Men’s Night and Ladies Night.  Deferred

 

f)        Advertising:

 

g)     Planning:

                        i.      Any changes to the calendar. Discussed earlier.

 

h)      Membership:

                        i.      New fee schedule.  Approved to be sent out.

Motion to accept Committee Reports as accepted:

Moved by Pat Elliott, seconded by Ivan Dewar                                                                                    CARRIED

 

10) NEW BUSINESS:

a)       Taking minutes while Diane is away.  Ray Brazeau has agreed to take minutes while Diane is away for January, February and March.

 

b)       Change of meeting dates.  The Chamber of Commerce is not available on the second Monday of the month.  Ross proposed meeting dates on December 5, January 16, February 20, March 19 and April 16.  This seemed to be acceptable to all present.   

 

c)       Brian reported that there will need to be new negotiations with Ivan.

 

 

11) MOTION TO ADJOURN:

Moved by Brian Flaxey that this meeting be adjourned at. 8:35pm.                                                    CARRIED

The next meeting is scheduled for 6:30 pm on December 5, 2011 the Chamber of Commerce Board Room.