NEW LISKEARD GOLF CLUB
MONDAY MARCH 07, 2011
NLGC CLUBHOUSE 6:30 PM
Diane Aquino, Joe Marsh, Ivan Dewar
NON - DIRECTORS PRESENT
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 6:45 PM by the president Chuck Needham.
ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA
ADOPTION OF THE FEBRUARY 07, 2011 MINUTES
Motion to accept the February 07, 2011 minutes as presented
Moved by Darrell Christo, seconded Pat Elliott
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
- Brian Flaxey responded in writing to Nelson Denomme=s increase in renumeration request.
- Corey Phillips provided an update on the course=s condition and what we can expect once the snow melts.
- Greens are dormant, which is good.
- There is some ice but it is mostly porous.
- Then there was some discussion on how to handle the IPM agent situation going forward.
- If we don=t have an IPM agent then we will not be permitted to use pesticides on the course.
- Currently, Corey Phillips is acting as our IPM agent.
- Phil is going to write the exam this spring. The exam fee is $250.00.
- We may be able to work with Haileybury on this IPM agent requirment.
- The greens supply budget this year should be $35,000.00.
- We will continue to reduce the amount of spraying each year until we reach the limit that will still maintain the greens.
- Equipment issues going forward could include replacing the John Deer, Triplex greens mower and the Sand Pro will also need to be replaced.
- Leases for the rough mower and the fairway mowers come up this summer, and if the funding is available we intend to buy them outright.
- To date only 4 members have sent in early payments for their 2011 memberships.
- Please pay your membership dues as soon as possible.
- Ivan Dewar is going ahead with the selling of the 18 hole advertising blitz.
- The employment opportunity web page will be posted.
- The speaker ad for employment will be run.
Motion to accept the committee reports as presented.
Moved by Brian Flaxey, seconded by Darrell Christo
- There was a discussion on the control of carts prior to and after the pro shop hours
- The course needs green fees to survive.
- A junior golf initiative for juniors who can=t afford normal golfing fees in
to the board for consideration. NLGC fees for juniors are much lower and we are offering
Bring a Junior for free on most Sundays this season, as well as the junior mentoring on
Tuesday mornings and junior lessons on Wednesdays for July and August.
Having said all that if any junior cannot afford to take part in any of our programs
due to financial hardship the board will wave the fees for that individual.
- The calendar for the 2011 season will go to the printers next week for printing.
It is also available on the web site www.nlgc.ca in a printable format.
Motion to adjourn
Moved by Brian Flaxey that this meeting be adjourned at 8:46 PM.
The next meeting is scheduled for 04 April, 2011 at 6:30 PM at the Cow.