NEW LISKEARD GOLF CLUB
MONDAY JANUARY 10, 2011
PRESIDENT=S RESIDENCE 6:30 PM
Chuck Needham, Joe Marsh, Brian Flaxey, Mike Bonnah, Ivan Dewar, Pat Elliot, Darrell Christo.
Ross Latter, Diane Aquino, Jeff Stanley
NON - DIRECTORS PRESENT
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 6:40 PM by the president Chuck Needham.
ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA
ADOPTION OF THE DECEMBER 06, 2010 MINUTES
Motion to accept the December 06, 2010 minutes as presented
Moved by Joe Marsh, seconded by Pat Elliot
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
- Snow has melted, greens look good, no ice build up.
- Unfortunately, snowmobiles are crossing a number of greens.
- Will warn the public through CJTT to keep snowmobiles off the course,
it is trespassing and violators will be prosecuted.
- Negotiations with Yvan Rivard are ongoing.
- Phil has been paid to spraying license.
- Will invite Corey Phillips to a future meeting.
- Negotiations with Mr Helbig to return as club manager are ongoing
- There were discussions on the viability of an assistant manager, to help out and train.
- Insurance and licensing issues have surfaced and need to be resolved before we
can move forward with leasing of the clubhouse.
- Rates for this up coming season were set and will be mailed out next week.
Essentially they are the same as last year plus HST, with a little tweaking of the cart rentals.
- Members are encouraged to pay their memberships as soon as possible.
- A financial statement was promised for the February meeting.
- Kemp Elliot and Blair will provide accounting services for the 2011 season for $5,000.00.
- It is recommended that each of the major tournaments have a Chairman and a
tournament committee to ensure the success of these tournaments.
- Tournament dates were discussed.
- Still looking for a corporate sponsor for the Civic.
- Phippen says the signs for advertising will cost $165.00 each.
- Will sell the hole signs for advertising at $1,000.00 per hole.
- Will try to make better use of the Chamber of Commerce distribution list this season.
- Discussions were held on the merits of using Pay Pal on the web site.
This would allow members and guests to purchase goods and services directly from the web site.
There is no joining fee or cancellation fee but we would have to pay a transaction fee of $3.20 per $100.00 purchase.
- Some new additions to the calendar were presented that included, Ladies= Morning, 2 price for couples on
Friday evenings, Bring a Junior for Free Sundays, as well as re-instating the Junior Mentoring program.
Motion to accept the committee reports as presented.
Moved by Darrell Christo, seconded by Joe Marsh
- A letter in support of inducting Don Shepherdson into the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame was presented.
- The request from the Shepherdson Family to plant trees has been granted approval.
Motion to adjourn
Moved by Brian Flaxey that this meeting be adjourned at 8:20 PM.
The next meeting is scheduled for 06 February, 2011 at 6:30 PM at the Cow.