NEW LISKEARD GOLF CLUB
MONDAY FEBRUARY 07, 2011
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE 6:30 PM
Diane Aquino, Jeff Stanley
NON - DIRECTORS PRESENT
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 6:32 PM by the president Chuck Needham.
ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA
ADOPTION OF THE JANUARY 10, 2011 MINUTES
Motion to accept the January 10, 2011 minutes as presented
Moved by Joe Marsh, seconded Ivan Dewar
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
- We need to find ways to promote the golf course.
- We could sell discounted green fees as stocking stuffers for next xmas and other promotions.
- Ivan Dewar to coordinate the advertising blitz to sell 18 holes.
- Ruth Shepherdson and Aide Creek to coordinate with Yvan in the planting of the memorial trees.
- No snowmobiles since early January.
- The propane bottle needs to be filled.
- Drive way to be ploughed to allow access to refill propane tank.
- Mr Bruce Helbig will return as club manager.
- Dave Lang is available Apr 15 to Sept 30 in conjunction with his training.
- We will be applying for government subsidies for student employees.
- Ross Latter presented an offer from Zante=s Bar and Grill to lease the clubhouse.
- Ivan Dewar discussed the viability of the bar cart.
- Recent trips by various board members to courses afar have demonstrated that
bar carts in general are disappearing from golf courses.
Motion to accept Zante=s Bar and Grill offer as written.
Moved by Ross Latter, seconded by Brian Flaxey.
- We have to get members thinking that green fees are good for the course and even
if they slow play down on the week ends we need them to be on the course.
- Bring in your membership dues as soon as possible.
- Put the cheque in the mail.
- Ross Latter the presented a Statement of Financial Position as of 31 December, 2010.
- 2010 was a turn around year that seen us go from an operating loss of over $63,000.00 to a gain of roughly $38,000.00.
- Operationally we must make a profit of at least $20,000.00 each year just to pay down our long term loan.
- We are still not in good shape financially.
- All suppliers are now right up to date.
- Our next goal is to reduce our dependance on member=s loans throughout the winters.
- Equipment replacement, if necessary, would be a challenge at this time.
- As of December 31 the club is $208,000.00 in the hole down from $246,000.00 the previous year.
- Kal Tire is sponsoring the 2 Man again this year.
- Still looking for a corporate sponsor for the Civic.
- Valentine=s ad for Gift Certificates on the chamber of commerce email distribution.
- Ad for membership fees to be put in speaker.
- Ad for employment opportunities to be prepared for March.
- It was clear that with the current financial situation that Pay Pal is not supportable.
- The 2011 calendar is on the web site in printable format.
- Membership discounts for students and juniors are the same as last year, just add the HST.
Motion to accept the committee reports as presented.
Moved by Pat Elliott, seconded by Joe Marsh
- A letter was received from Nelson Denomme asking if there was any way that the
grounds crew could receive an increased renumeration.
Unfortunately, due to our financial situation as much as we would like to grant this request
there just isn=t the means to do so at this time.
- We also received a letter from Al Jamieson requesting a clarification on the revenues
raised by the cart rentals. Ross Latter responded and clarified this issue for Al.
- The NLGC also received a letter from the Ministry of
stating that our sign near Rabbit lake has been blown over. Darrell Christo and Pat Elliot will fix the sign in the spring.
Motion to adjourn
Moved by Brian Flaxey that this meeting be adjourned at 9:15 PM.
The next meeting is scheduled for 07 March, 2011 at 6:30 PM at the Cow.