NEW LISKEARD GOLF CLUB
MONDAY APRIL 04, 2011
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE 6:30 PM
Chuck Needham, Joe Marsh, Brian Flaxey, Mike Bonnah, Ivan Dewar, Pat Elliott, Jeff Stanley, Ross Latter.
Darrell Christo, Diane Aquino
NON - DIRECTORS PRESENT
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 6:40 PM by the president Chuck Needham.
ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA
ADOPTION OF THE MARCH 07, 2011 MINUTES
Motion to accept the March 07, 2011 minutes as presented
Moved by Joe Marsh, seconded by Ivan Dewar
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
- We need to look for every opportunity we can to promote the golf course.
- Ivan Dewar has sold 11 signs so far and there are 8 more to sell.
Jeff Stanley has a couple of possibilities, Ivan to coordinate.
- Greens smell good.
- Tee boxes look good, no snow mold.
- Phil needs IPM materials.
- IPM council will audit our 2010 report and provide PASS/FAIL assessment letter.
- We can and should qualify a second person as a back up.
- The Pro Shop committee set the daily rates as follows;
Green fees 18 holes $40.00, plus HST
Green fees 9 holes $25.00, plus HST
Cart rental 18 holes $30.00, plus HST
Cart rental 9 holes $20.00, plus HST
Cart rental (members) 18 holes $25.00, plus HST
Cart rental (members) 9 holes $15.00, plus HST
Range balls large bucket $7.50, plus HST
Range balls small bucket $5.50, plus HST
Range balls large bucket (member) $6.50, plus HST
Range balls small bucket (member) $4.50, plus HST
10 nine hole green fees $225.00, plus HST
- Reciprocal arrangements for discounted green fees at surrounding courses
Haileybury, Ville de Marie, and
- Staffing looks good.
- We are getting close to our overdraft limit.
- Very few members took advantage of paying in installments or early payment.
- Next year we may consider a discount of some kind for members who pay early.
- Kal Tire 2 man is sorted.
- Civic still needs a corporate sponsor.
- There was some discussion on whether or not practice rounds should still be provided at no cost.
- Also it was thought that the scheduling of the practice round unnecessarily kept
green fees away for the entire day.
- The tournament committee will need to determine how we deal with the practice rounds
for the major tournaments going forward.
- There was some discussion on bringing back the Audrey Nightingale tournament.
- We have received an invoice from CJTT.
- Calendar has gone to the printers for printing.
- There probably won=t be anything from the new council on the super complex,
but Alvin Willard reported that the council is still interested in the project.
Motion to accept the committee reports as presented.
Moved by Jeff Stanley, seconded by Pat Elliott
- A proposal to replace our existing carts with brand new carts was discussed.
Although it would be nice to have new carts we don=t have the monies to buy
them and now is not a good time to enter into another lease.
- We are going to take a hard look at what is needed for phone lines and from which supplier.
- Ross Latter is going to inform Zante=s about the pot luck supper scheduled for 01 May.
Motion to adjourn
Moved by Brian Flaxey that this meeting be adjourned at 8:25 PM.
The next meeting is scheduled for 09 May, 2011 at 6:30 PM at the Clubhouse.