NEW LISKEARD GOLF CLUB
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 13, 2010
Chuck Needham, Alvin Willard, Darrell Christo, Joe Marsh, Ross Latter, Penny Graydon, Brian Flaxey, Mike Bonnah, Ivan Dewar,
Marc Teskey, Pat Elliot
NON - DIRECTORS PRESENT
Corey Phillips, Bruce Helbig
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 6:34 PM by the president Chuck Needham.
ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA
ADOPTION OF THE August 09th, 2010 MINUTES
Motion to accept the August 09th, 2010 minutes as presented
Moved by Joe Marsh, seconded by Ivan Dewar
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
- Kal Tire sponsorship, Darrell Christo to bring update to next meeting.
- Snow mold protection will be applied in October; cost is $900.00 per case, 2 cases reqd.
- Order fertilizer for next season, will be delivered this fall but not invoiced until next June.
- One more application of fertilizer for fairways and tees to be completed this year at a cost of $3,000.00.
- Aeration of greens to prevent ice build up to take place 20 September and once more in October.
- Fairways and tees are improving and greens are excellent.
- New forward tees for holes # 6, 7 and 9.
- 14th tee sprinkler head being repaired.
- Trencher to be rented to provide drainage for the bunkers.
- Club storage to end September 30.
- Fall staffing issues have been solved.
- Trying to get rid of existing stock by selling it off.
- Looking at staff levels for next year with the possibility of training a successor.
- Consideration should be given to having a fixed start up date and a fixed shut down date.
A lot of discussion on how the clubhouse was ran this year and would we want to continue this in the future.
The consensus was that although this year wasn=t perfect, it was the best way to provide our membership
with the services in the long run.
Motion to lease the entire kitchen and bar operation to a caterer for the foreseeable future
Moved by Ross Latter, seconded by Joe Marsh.
- There are a couple of rentals scheduled for the fall:
October 22 - 24 for the Bridge club
December 18 Insulcana Xmas party.
- Fire inspector has completed his inspection and we are awaiting the report.
- Ross Latter presented a financial statement till the end of August.
- Bottom line, expenses are down and revenues are up.
- However, we will still have a projected debt of $175,000.00 by the end of the season.
- To put it into context, our debt at the end of last year was $246,000.00.
- We are going in the right direction but we still have a long way to go.
- 68 teams have signed up for the Three Man, there is room for 4 more teams.
- There were 12 teams that participated in the Three Lady.
- All major tournaments need to have a dedicated tournament director and a committee to drive all aspects for the tournaments.
- Some scheduling conflicts with the tournaments still need to be addressed with other clubs in the area.
- The last men=s night is fast approaching, numbers are not high enough to continue.
- Joe Marsh went through a list of members he still needed addresses for.
Motion to accept the committee reports as presented.
Moved by Darrell Christo, seconded by Brian Flaxey
- Now that the city staff has changed out Alvin Willard will continue the discussions on the recreational complex.
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be November 28, 2010.
- Mike Bonnah would like to see the plan for next year including the membership fees be presented at the AGM.
Motion to adjourn.
Moved by Brian Flaxey that this meeting be adjourned at 9:12 PM.
The next meeting is scheduled for 04 October, 2010 at 6:30 PM at the Cow.