NEW LISKEARD GOLF CLUB
MONDAY OCTOBER 04, 2010
PRESIDENT=S RESIDENCE 7:00 PM
Chuck Needham, Alvin Willard, Marc Teskey, Joe Marsh, Ross Latter, Penny Graydon, Brian Flaxey, Mike Bonnah, Ivan Dewar,
Darrell Christo, Pat Elliot
NON - DIRECTORS PRESENT
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 6:34 PM by the president Chuck Needham.
ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA
ADOPTION OF THE SEPTEMBER 13, 2010 MINUTES
Motion to accept the September 13, 2010 minutes as presented
Moved by Joe Marsh, seconded Alvin Willard
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
- Aeration and top dressing of greens to be completed by mid week.
- Fertilizer arrived today for next season.
- Student staff has departed and remaining staff will be reduced as we continue to wind down.
- Inventory has been greatly reduced.
- Bruce Helbig is meeting with
sales reps from Calloway, Cobra and
- Approximately $45,000.00 worth of sales went through the Pro Shop this season.
- We would like to have a lease agreement in place with a Caterer by the end of January 2011 for next season. Zante=s
will be given first consideration for the lease option.
- Special events need to be negotiated.
- Clubhouse will need to be cleaned up before and after all events over the off season.
- We had $50,000.00 in revenues in September, a nice surprise.
- Expenses occur all year.
- Ross Latter presented a five year Financial Objective.
- The three man was a resounding success with 210 participants.
- There were many high compliments paid to the course and the maintenance staff.
- The only issue was the slow pace of play.
- The membership committee presented proposed membership rate for next season, essentially the rates the
same but don=t forget the HST.
- There was also some discussion on the way that the significant other has been applied in the past and we are
looking for a solution before the AGM.
Motion to accept the committee reports as presented.
Moved by Penny Graydon, seconded by Joe Marsh
- Ivan Dewar will continue to develop his 18 hole advertising concept for next season.
- Jamie Norris ( of Extreme Sports for NLPS fame) wants some assistance with a student program.
This is a formal program that starts public school children out with plastic golf clubs and balls. Bruce Helbig is to
meet with him to discuss this issue.
- The merits of official opening and closing dates were discussed but no decision was made.
- The fire inspection report has arrived and it is estimated that it will cost $10,000.00 to implement all of the
recommendations in the report. Some of the minor issues have already been addressed and a follow up
inspection is scheduled for 13 October 2010.
- All committees have been instructed to complete only those jobs that are necessary to properly put the
course to bed for the off season, all nice to do activities can wait.
Motion to adjourn.
Moved by Brian Flaxey that this meeting be adjourned at 9:00 PM.
The next meeting is scheduled for 01 November, 2010 at 6:30 PM at the Cow.