NEW LISKEARD GOLF CLUB
MONDAY JULY 05, 2010
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE 6:30 PM
Brian Flaxey, Mike Bonnah, Ivan Dewar, Pat Elliot.
NON - DIRECTORS PRESENT
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM by the president Chuck Needham.
ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA
ADOPTION OF THE JUNE 14, 2010 MINUTES
Motion to accept the June 14, 2010 minutes as presented
Moved by Joe Marsh, seconded by Darrell Christo
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
- There is no need to pursue the Pump-Tronics offer any further since
our current staff are fully versed in the start up and shut down procedures
of the irrigation system.
- Membership committee to follow up on why former members did not return this year.
- Chemically breaking down thatch on greens.
- Aeration and de-thatching to continue.
- Greens are cut to 120 thousands of an inch and will not be lowered.
- So far just watering the greens.
- Greens are looking good and if it continues we can shift focus to fairways and tees.
- Will raise pond levels to increase our watering capacity.
- Weed spraying ongoing.
- New irrigation suction line required ($600.00).
- Repairs to the Kabota required ($1,800.00).
- Greens staff to be reminded about the importance of wearing their Personal Protective Equipment.
- Going well.
- The Golf Club Manager=s position review went well.
- Special after 3 pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with the purchase
of two green fees the cart rental will be free.
- Owen Smith reviewing the cart rental forms with respect to liability. Ours are
good and will use them as a starting point to create the new form.
- Kal Tire is willing to pre-sponsor the Two Man Tournament for the foreseeable future.
Those funds would be set aside for the tournament but we could tap into the funds if required.
- So far in June we have paid $38,000.00 in back taxes.
- Working on a new simplified spreadsheet that a layman can understand.
- Hopefully, revenues will continue.
- Civic Tournament is just getting revved up.
- Going to mail out flyers to all former participants.
- Looking to have live entertainment and beer tent, will discuss with Zante=s.
- Junior Tournament goes this Thursday, posters were passed out at the Senior event at Spruce Needles
last month to neighbouring club members to take back to their clubs. Letters were distributed to local businesses to solicit prizes.
- Divorce Open goes this Saturday.
- Get the information in and we will get it on the air.
- Junior Lessons start this Wednesday at 1 pm and go every week until the 25 of August.
- We vetted the list of non returning members..
Motion to accept the committee reports as presented.
Moved by Alvin Willard, seconded by Darrell Christo
- Jamie Norris wants to start a Junior Golf program at the schools and is looking for support.
- Looking into advertising packages, $1,000.00 for a hole in exchange for 10 green fees and 10 buy on get one free.
- Discussions on what we want to do for the Clubhouse next year should begin shortly.
- Discussions on what if any stock we want to carry in the Pro Shop should begin shortly.
- Clubs for Juniors should be purchased.
Motion to adjourn.
Moved by Brian Flaxey that this meeting be adjourned at 8:15 PM.
The next meeting is scheduled for 09 August, 2010 at 6:30 PM at the Cow.