NEW LISKEARD GOLF CLUB
MONDAY AUGUST 09, 2010
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE 6:30 PM
Chuck Needham, Alvin Willard, Brian Flaxey, Mike Bonnah, Ivan Dewar, Marc Teskey.
Darrell Christo, Pat Elliot, Ross Latter, Penny Graydon, Joe Marsh.
NON - DIRECTORS PRESENT
Corey Phillips, Bruce Helbig
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM by the president Chuck Needham.
ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA
ADOPTION OF THE JULY 05, 2010 MINUTES
Motion to accept the July 05, 2010 minutes as presented
Moved by Alvin Willard, seconded by Brian Flaxey
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
- There was a request for an update on the Kal Tire Sponsorship issue.
- Greens are in good shape and we will start to work on the fairways and tees.
- Watering of fairways to begin this week.
- Aeration and top dressing the tee boxes will help in the long run.
- Water permit will be required if we run our well pump in excess of seven hours
- If there is money, would like to purchase 100 bags of 35/10 ($2,700.00)
of fertilizer for the fairways to put down at the end of this season. This will really help the fairways
green up next season and encourage growth.
- The plastic input pipes for the irrigation system were replaced with aluminum
pipes at a cost of $400.00.
- There are some seniors that have asked to have forward tees for holes 1,6,7 and 9.
We will look into this issue.
- Overall sales are up.
- Junior clubs have arrived.
- Current stock levels will not grow but special orders will still be brought in.
- Staffing for this fall will be a challenge.
- Civic tournament was a success with 111 entries. All the prizes came out of the pro shop.
Green fees were possible both afternoons. Next year we are hoping to attract 144 participants.
- Divorce open had 30 teams.
- Al Jamieson Junior Tournament had 16 participants.
- All seven major events should be spear headed by a standing committee.
These events show case our not just our course but our entire organization
and each and every one of them need to be done right.
- We need to do more to promote our course as the only 18 course within our area.
Motion to accept the committee reports as presented.
Moved by Marc Teskey, seconded by Ivan Dewar
- There is a request in for a family golf tournament for July 16, 2011, they expect 75 to 90 golfers and 150 for supper.
Motion to adjourn.
Moved by Brian Flaxey that this meeting be adjourned at 7:30 PM.
The next meeting is scheduled for 06 September, 2010 at 6:30 PM at the Cow.